At ESC we are aware of our legal responsibility as "data controller" and we support the data protection principles set out in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, applicable from 25 May 2018.
ESC, a registered trademark of Trapézio Previsível Unipessoal, Lda, guarantees that your personal data are processed in Portugal and that they are held, used, transferred and processed in accordance with our legal obligations. We will continue our data processing / marketing activity in Portugal and through our ESC franchisees.
AMENDMENTS TO THIS POLICY
HOW DO WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR DATA?
The data we collect is transferred, processed and stored by Redicom, Oficina Ware e MAILCHIMP.
We protect your data by storing it on secure servers and using cybersecurity and organizational measures to protect your personal data and reduce the risk of loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure and change. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access security for our data centres information access security. However, please be aware that no system is perfect or can ensure that unauthorized access or theft shall not occur. Where we have provided our customer with a password for access to restricted website areas, the customer is responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone. Sending information over the Internet is not completely secure. We will do our utmost to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of the data sent through the website; any transmission is therefore at your own risk. After we receive your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
HOW YOU CAN PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
We do not intentionally collect information from children under the age of 16. If the Customer learns that their child or any child in their care has provided us with information without the Customer's consent, please contact us or send an email to email@example.com.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
This Website may contain links to third party sites ("linked sites"). Linked sites are not controlled by ESC, and ESC is not responsible for the content of any Linked Site.
ESC shall process personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to personal data processing and the free movement of such data data, applicable from 25 May, 2018 in conjunction with other Portuguese legislation in force.
Contracts for the purchase and sale of products through this website are regulated by Portuguese Law.
MARKETING NEWSLETTERS AND / OR COMMUNICATIONS
ESC sends information about products, services, events, sales and marketing (including customized online content and advertising through the website www.eurekashoes.com, social networks and on-line partners).
We will send marketing messages when you check the relevant boxes when you check out, subscribe to newsletters or updates or register with us through the website, by telephone, email, or directly at the store.
As our customer, you have the opportunity to define clearly how you want to be contacted. If you are registered, you can also manage your preferences by updating / changing your privacy settings in your account.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
We will not share your personal information with companies outside the ESC Group and business partners, without your explicit prior consent, for them to contact you for marketing purposes.
WHAT ARE COOKIES? (Why do we use them?)
ESC uses automatic data collection systems such as cookies. A cookie is a device sent to the hard drive of an Internet user. Although cookies do not contain intelligible information, they allows us to link an Internet user to your personal information.
Cookies are sent by our servers and nobody else can gain access to the information that they contain. Only ESC has access to the information collected by cookies, collectively and anonymously, to optimize its services and those of this website to user needs and preferences and to customize the rendering of webpages.
Acceptance of our data collection and cookies use automatic procedures is necessary to take advantage of the many features and services offered through this website, including the purchase of products. If you configure your browser to block or delete cookies, we cannot guarantee that you will have access to all the features and services offered through this website (e.g. your computer may not be able to display the image of the product you are trying to purchase).
ESC uses the following types of cookies:
- NECESSARY COOKIES: These cookies are essential so that the customer can browse the website. Without these cookies, the services offered by the website (such as using the shopping cart or the order history) cannot be provided.
- ANALYTICAL COOKIES: These cookies are used to measure and analyse how visitors use the website (e.g., site traffic, total sales through the website, frequently visited pages and pages from which visitors receive error messages) to continue improving the website and the shopping experience that it offers. All the information collected by cookies is anonymous (even if it sent to third parties) and is not used to identify you.
- FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES: These cookies are not necessary for the operation of the Website, but they enable the Website to remember your choices and / or preferences (e.g. username, language or location) to provide you with advanced information and simplified and personalized features.
- TARGETING AND ADVERTISING COOKIES: Targeting and advertising cookies can be used to deliver customized ads that are more relevant to the customer, based on their interests. These cookies may collect fairly detailed information about customer browsing habits on the website, such as products that the customer clicked on or added to the shopping cart. These cookies enable us to customize any direct marketing communication (for example, email) or limit the number of times the Customer sees an ad or they can help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. They (or third party advertising services with which we work) enable us to track customer behaviour online over time, on different websites or platforms, to collect statistics on our marketing work and to distribute electronic ads of more relevance to individual consumers, which will enhance overall consumer experience.
WHY DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
ESC uses the above personal data held about you for the following purposes:
- to fulfil the obligations of any contracts entered into between us and to provide you with the requested information and products and services, i.e. to process and complete your orders and process your payments;
- to remind you of products that you have placed in your basket on the website, but have not yet purchased;
- to help us identify you and the accounts you maintain with us;
- to manage and improve the website and the services we provide through the website;
- to tailor the content of our website to your needs and preferences;
- manage the security of the website and the data collected through the website;
- provide other services that you have requested, as described when we collect the data;
- to prevent, detect and investigate fraud, breach of security, breach of the law and other improper use of the website and to enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- to resolve any questions, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised;
- for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes and troubleshooting;
- to notify you about changes to any website element;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer similar to those you have already bought or enquired about;
- to evaluate and understand the effectiveness of the advertising we provide to our customers;
- to deliver relevant advertising, for example, information newsletters; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- To comply with applicable laws;
- To respond to court and government inquiries;
- To comply with legal processes;
- To protect the rights or property of ESC.
All the content on this website is the exclusive property of ESC texts, images, or any other information that does not come from third parties. The content is therefore protected by the Copyright Code. ESC reserves the right to make changes to these contents at any time, without prior notice to users.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
Your personal data will be collected and processed by ESC only for purposes strictly connected to the use of this site and ESC Stores providing an excelence service during and after the experience of purchasing products.
1. Information that we record about you:
- When you register on our website or give your data to our Store Assistants to receive our newsletter and / or updates;
- When you participate in special day campaigns in our Stores or in our webstore;
- When you register on the website, by telephone or e-mail, or provide personal information that you complete or that we complete on your order at the store;
- When make an application to register on our website;
- If you ask us to stay in contact;
- If you ask us to send you customized online content such as targeted advertising;
- If you fill out a survey or send us feedback about our products, websites or stores; or
- If you make contact with us (for example, by telephone, email or other) to learn more about a product or our after sales support and service, report a problem with the site or a product, or for any other reason.
The personal information you provide us with may include your name and surname, title, gender, date of birth (day and month), email address, telephone number, address, financial information, and billing address or any other information that you consider it necessary to provide us with.
The information collected through our website will be crossed-referenced with personal information that you may have provided us with in our stores. This is to help us ensure that the data we hold about you is kept correct and up-to-date.
Your personal data may also be used for other processing operations which fall within the limits of such uses:
a. Whenever you purchase products sold on this site or in our Stores, we collect your personal data (for instance, password, shoe size, email address, delivery address, credit card number and telephone number) in the purchase form, only for the purposes of selling, sorting and shipping the products ordered.
b. Whenever you request customer care, we collect your personal data (for instance, name, email address) in order to provide the website and stores Customer Support services that are relevant for this site and the assistance requested;
c. Whenever you record a delivery address, we collect your personal data in order to simplify the processing of future orders.
Your personal data will only be passed on to third parties when needed to process an order. Your personal data will be disclosed in the following situations:
a. Electronic payment or returns;
b. Processing of purchased products;
c. Selecting, packaging and shipping articles;
d. Resolving issues or questions related to the sale of products;
e. Processing payments for articles purchased;
f. Processing the return of articles.
2. Information that our franchisees register about you:
These is information we receive about you when you purchase something at one of our Stores, if you fill out the store's customer form. The customer form are unique, including the Franchisee Stores, and these ones will also provide us with a record of your transaction.
3. Information we receive from other sources about you
We work closely with third parties, e.g. business partners, subcontractors for technical services, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers. If we receive information about you, we ask our partners to guarantee that they are sending the information in accordance with data protection laws and that they are transparent with you in sharing your data with us. We may use this information to update our records about you to keep you updated.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
The customer has the following rights in respect of their personal information;
- Access. The customer has the right to access the data that we hold. The customer will need to prove their identity before we address any matters relating to their personal data.
- Correction or deletion. The customer has the right to ask ESC to amend or delete any personal data that we hold about them (unless we have the legal right or obligation to retain it).
- Restriction. The customer has the right to restrict the use of their personal information if the data is imprecise, if the use of the information is unlawful or if it is no longer necessary to use the data for the purposes for which we have retained it.
- Change of preferences. The customer may change their data processing preferences at any time. For example, if a customer has consented to direct marketing but has changed his/her mind, s/he may cancel the receipt of marketing information by contacting us, using the details provided below, or by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in any communication received.
- Automated decision making. A customer with any questions regarding our automated decision-making processes or their accuracy, should inform us about their preferences.
- Data portability. The customer has the right to obtain the personal data that ESC holds, in a structured electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where they are:
(a) personal data that the customer has sent to us; and (b) where the data is processed based on (such as marketing preference information) or in order to enter into a contract with the customer (for example, to manage their online account).
- Complaints. If, for any reason, the Customer is not satisfied with the way we handle their personal data, please contact ESC.
If the customer requests the cancellation of the processing of their personal information for certain actions or for their personal information to be deleted, where this is necessary to facilitate the use of the website or to allow us to provide a service (such as to manage their account online), the Customer may not be able to use the website or service as before. Without waiving their right, as a customer, to object to direct marketing, which can be exercised at any time without restriction. Please allow at least 3 business days for your request to be attended.
WHO SHARES PERSONAL DATA?
Your data can be stored in a database that both we and our franchisees can access. We are your point of contact. We will also share your data with MAILCHIMP that provides data storage resources for us.
- Service providers (e.g. IT services), business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for any contract our customers (such as, but not limited to, website operations, payment services, shipping, fraud investigations, bill collection and membership schemes programmes and rewards);
- analytics and search engine providers that help us improve and optimize the website;
- law enforcement or regulatory agencies or authorized third parties in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity through the Site that may expose ESC and / or the customer or third parties to legal risks or liability; and